New City is headed back to Los Chilitos, Guatemala March 23-28, 2020, to encourage, learn from, and continue working with our partner church Casa De Libertad - Los Chilitos. They launched with Acts 29 (our church planting network) in 2017 as a campus church of Casa De Libertad in Guatemala City. They are a small, rural church plant with around 15 adults meeting each week from 2 different villages. Their long-term vision is that God would lead to the development and planting of surrounding churches in the other villages they are working in, and our hope at New City is that we can partner with them in seeing that happen.
We will be doing some pretty neat things as we continue to work with Casa De Libertad to help establish them as a church plant and see them impact their village with the Gospel.
The trip is limited to 10 people so you'll want to submit your interest in the trip as soon as possible using the form below. The current deadline to sign up is November 18.
Estimated Cost: $1400 (could change slightly based on the tickets of airfare, we will confirm once mission team is set)
- Supplies for the week
While the trip itinerary will be set closer to the trip, below is what we will be involved with during our time in Los Chilitos:
- Putting on a soccer tournament for the local villagers and children.
- Visiting, meeting, and praying with people in their homes.
- Working on the next phase of their church's building project (likely putting some walls up on church building pictured above)
- Bible training for local men and women.
- Visiting the local school and teaching the children
- Participating in De Casa Libertad's Monday and Wednesday evening Church services.
- Continuing to develop our partnership with De Casa Libertad and their leaders.
- Putting together a local health clinic to distribute needed vitamins and medicine.
Questions or interested in signing up? Let us know below!