We believe the best strategy for fulfilling the Great Commission is planting (and replanting) churches. Church planting is the most effective strategy for seeing lives and communities transformed by the gospel. Because so much rises and falls on leadership, our residency is designed to prepare leaders to steward their gifts for maximum impact.
WHAT IS A CHURCH PLANTING RESIDENCY?
From the beginning, God has called competent leaders to build his church. Our residency is designed to invest in those kind of leaders to help them succeed.
As a part of our Church Planting Residency, each resident will serve on our ministry staff for up to 24 months of preparation and training. This will help the planter to be immersed in the life and leadership of New City, give them experience in existing and new ministries, and give them the support needed to prepare a launch group as they move toward launching a new church. We envision our church planters as being a part of the team rather than "out there" on their own.
Full-time residents serve on staff and prepare to be sent from New City in conjunction with the support, assessment, and training of the Acts29 Network.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Training – we will help you become a better leader and teach you everything we know about how to plant and lead a church
- Relationship – your cohort will become a lot like your church planting family, and you’ll have the opportunity to join the larger family of Summit Network
- Funding – you’ll receive financial support from network churches for your church plant following the completion of the church planting residency
- Sending – our churches send not only money but people
- Coaching – our relationship doesn’t end when you’re sent