Church Planting Residency
We believe the best strategy for fulfilling the Great Commission is planting (and replanting) churches. Church planting is the most effective strategy for seeing lives and communities transformed by the gospel. Because so much rises and falls on leadership, our residency is designed to prepare leaders to steward their gifts for maximum impact.
From the beginning, God has called competent leaders to build His church. Our residency is designed to invest in those kind of leaders to help them succeed.
As a part of our Church Planting Residency, each resident will serve on our ministry staff for up to 24 months of preparation and training. This will help the planter to be immersed in the life and leadership of New City, give them experience in existing and new ministries, and give them the support needed to prepare a launch group as they move toward launching a new church. We envision our church planters as being a part of the team rather than “out there” on their own.
Full-time residents serve on staff and prepare to be sent from New City in conjunction with the support, assessment, and training of the Acts29 Network.
- Training – We will help you become a better leader and teach you everything we know about how to plant and lead a church,
- Relationship – You’ll be introduced to other pastors and churches, and you’ll have the opportunity to join the larger Acts 29 church planting network.
- Funding – You’ll receive financial support from network churches for your church plant following the completion of the church planting residency.
- Sending – Our desire is not only to send money, but people as well.
- Coaching – Our relationship doesn’t end when you’re sent.
Fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you with more information on how to apply.